Pryor, Priest, and Harber
Speak with one of our attorneys today.

What is a civil claim?

If a person has been involved in a drunk driving accident before, they may be wondering how they will be able to get compensation. Money is necessary in order to fix damaged vehicles, pay for hospital bills, medications, potential therapy and missed time at work, but how does one pay for it?

This is where civil lawsuit, otherwise known as a civil claim, can come in handy. According to The United States Courts, this is a general term that is used to describe a situation in which one party takes another to court in order to hold the second party accountable for any potential damages that have been done. In the case of a drunk driving accident, this would mean that the driver who was hit would be able to take the drunk driver to court in order to gain compensation for what occurred because they were under the influence.

Successful civil lawsuits can mean a world of relief for the person or party that filed for the suit. Compensation will only be paid by the responsible party if the civil lawsuit is successful. This is why there is such a huge emphasis on the importance of having a strong legal team when going in to a civil lawsuit. Victory could mean having all financial problems taken care of by the responsible party, whereas a loss could mean the victim party has to pay for the damages on their own.

These are all good things to keep in mind if anyone ever gets into an accident due to the actions or inactions of a drunk driver.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Our Office

625 S. Gay Street, Suite 600
Two Centre Square
Knoxville, TN 37902

Toll Free: 888-778-8095
Phone: 865-223-6303
Map and Direction